What we did:
To ensure we were delivering our campaign to the defined audience sets, it was crucial we delved further into the insights of the target demographics we uncovered.
This included monitoring their social movements, the outlets they engaged with, how they sourced their news, and everything in between to build ‘audience personas’ which helped us identify the marketing tools that would resonate with them the most.
- As the demographic for the attraction is under 14s, we had to identify the audience set we can explicitly target across social channels (due to the restrictions of targeting a younger audience).
- Using insight tools and our own organic research, we were able to identify multiple personas and audience sets that would resonate with the campaign the most.
- This research was not only done at the beginning but was reviewed and improved throughout the campaign to ensure it was working to its max capacity and delivering the best results throughout.
Paid and Organic Social Media
- Implementing a paid social campaign, alongside our organic social content, allowed us to boost the activity much further than our current following.
- Understanding how our target audience engaged with the social channels chosen for the paid activity (Facebook and Instagram) enabled us to cater the content for the best chance of engagement.
- We ran multiple paid social ads alongside each other, targeting the different audiences we identified to ensure we achieved the greatest results.
- The campaign was so impactful it was featured in multiple media outlets without the need for dedicated PR outreach.
Referral traffic from media placements
- We had already built strong relationships with regional and national media outlets surrounding the opening of the highly anticipated opening of the visitor attraction, so this proved fruitful in sharing future campaigns.
- This resulted in a total of nine media placements, all of which created their own news story from the organic and paid social activity, helped drive users to our social channels and many including direct links.