Our recruitment and selection process
Removing unconscious bias and ensuring fairness
No Brainer is committed to ensuring all candidates are considered fairly based on their performance against our fixed competency framework. This ensures we recruit the absolute best talent from the widest possible talent pool, irrespective of where graduates studied, their background, socio-economic status, gender, ethnicity, disability status, sexual orientation or other characteristics that are irrelevant to doing the job.
Actions we take to provide equality of opportunity for all candidates include:
- We anonymise applications and CVs during selection to ensure that candidates are assessed without any consideration of their name or background.
- As part of this anonymisation, we don’t take into consideration where candidates studied, or the method of that study eg. full-time, part-time or distance learning.
- We use a scoring framework that marks candidates based on competencies for the role
- We standardise our question setting across our applications and interviews to ensure that everyone is assessed against the identified competencies and job requirements.
- We provide guidance and brief everyone involved in our recruitment and selection processes in recruitment best-practice to mitigate against any potential for conscious or unconscious bias or discrimination.
- We always use multiple interviewers when assessing each candidate to ensure marking is accurate and fair.
- We ensure all our assessment venues are accessible.
- We work with candidates with a disability or health condition to implement reasonable adjustments to enable them to perform at their best during the assessment process.
If you have any questions, please contact us.