Job Description & Skills Requirements – PR, Social and Content Account Executive
Reports to: Lee Cullen, Client Director
Our PR, Social and Content Account Executives play a critical part of the No Brainer team, working collaboratively across a range of clients to organise and deliver PR, social media and content marketing strategies focused on robust and clear KPIs.
As well as day-to-day involvement in all client activities, the PR, Social and Content Account Executive will work closely with a dedicated Account Manager to ensure client priorities are delivered effectively, following a structured planner and monthly work programme.
The individual holding this position should have an understanding of how bought, earned, shared and earned (BOSE) media is converging. BOSE channel awareness, knowledge and delivery capabilities are important, and experience of working in a similar role or agency environment is preferable.
The post holder is expected to help deliver strong client engagement and relations, consistently.
The PR, Social and Content Account Executive will work across a range of clients and will help to deliver all essential activities required by these clients based on their priorities and needs.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensuring all content is of a consistently high quality for every client and supports client objectives
- Regular planning sessions with every client, helping to create a clear month-on-month work programme to drive PR, content and marketing initiatives that support clients’ short and long-term objectives
- Own a functional and effective content calendarfor all clients and brief the No Brainer team and Directors as necessary
- Building strong, mutually positive relationships with designated clients, establishing a strong rapport with the client lead partners
- Maintain a strong knowledge of each client’s industry and hot topics, including editorial tracking
- Flag any worthwhile editorial/content opportunities in real time – and support clients’ content writing as required, often to tight deadlines
- Work with Company Directors and Account Managers to deliver a PR/social plan for every client
- Be aware of, and proficient in, English grammar, messaging, writing, and the style of every client
- Accountability for media lists, contacts, relationships, outreach and sell-ins for each client
- Responsibility for producing monthly and quarterly evaluation reports against key objectives
The PR, Social and Content Account Executive is measured on personal performance (i.e. work quality, outputs and outcomes) and client delight.
The PR, Social and Content Account Executive is expected to achieve:
- Strong personal performance – monitored through ongoing PDPs with their manager, focused on work outputs and work outcomes (measured per client and agreed at each PDP)
- A continually high standard of client satisfaction is essential
- Client retention of 80% or above is essential
- Support the Account Manager to achieve an incremental increase in new business sales (above retainers) per annum through content, news, video and/or broadcast activities etc (amount to be agreed with Directors and reviewed regularly)
Experience and Education Required:
- A recognised qualification in Journalism, Public Relations, English or a related communications field. Other industry qualifications are a plus, as well as an ongoing commitment to CPD
- A minimum of one year’s experience within agency-side or in-house public relations, content marketing, social media and/or journalism, etc.
- Strong writing skills and a strong news sense, including creating compelling stories and content for different target audiences
- Expertise in all major business software applications (Microsoft Office etc.).
The specific skills required for the PR, Social and Content Account Executive role include:
- Strong emotional intelligence is essential
- Proficiency in how to tell a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience
- An ability to create both long-form content and real-time (immediate) content
- A passion for new technology and tools
- Have incredible people skills and a commitment to consistent networking to build knowledge, relationships and new business opportunities
- Have a diverse knowledge and/or keen interest in web analytics tools (i.e. Google Analytics etc.), social media marketing applications (i.e. HootSuite etc.) and social media monitoring platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram & Twitter etc.)
- Calm under pressure with the ability to juggle multiple projects
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt to new strategies
- A team ethic and ability to work alone
What you’ll get from us
We’ll invest everything we have in you. We will believe in you. We will have your back. We will support you.
We want you to be a part of our long-term future and that’s why we will also pay you a generous salary (depending on your experience) with flexible holidays to suit your busy lifestyle, benefits and ongoing opportunities to grow your skills and networks through training and support.
Send your CVs and any background info that tells us about you to email@example.com.
Alternatively, look to get in touch via our agency and/or personal social channels. Feel free to be as creative as you want when getting in touch!
We’re aiming to appoint by Friday, 6th December 2019, so please send over all your details before Monday, 25th November 2019.