B2B Account Manager
Job Description & Skills Requirements
Reports to: Lee Cullen, Company Director
The PR, Social and Content B2B Account Manager role is an integral part of the No Brainer team, working collaboratively across a range of clients to devise, organise, plan and deliver PR, social media and content marketing strategies focused on robust and clear KPIs.
As well as hands on day-to-day involvement in all client activities, the PR, Social and Content Account Manager will oversee and lead all client priorities, aligned to a structured planner and monthly work programme.
The individual holding this position is a prolific B2B PR expert and storyteller, who understands how bought, earned, shared and earned media is converging. BOSE channel awareness, knowledge and delivery capabilities are essential, as well as experience in handling client relationships, enquiries and potential crises.
The post holder is expected to help deliver strong client engagement, delight and retention.
The PR, Social and Content Account Manager will be the main point of contact for a range of clients and will organise and deliver all essential activities required by these clients based on their priorities and needs, recruiting the ideas and support of the wider No Brainer team and Directors as required.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensuring all content is of a consistently high quality for every client and supports client objectives
- Regular (minimum monthly) strategy and planning sessions with every client, with a clear month-on-month work programme to drive PR, content and marketing initiatives that support clients’ short and long term objectives
- Own a functional and effective content calendar for all clients and brief the No Brainer team and Directors as necessary
- Supervising, writing and editing the work of certain members of the No Brainer team, as required, and supporting priority content requirements of the team’s client leads
- Building strong, mutually positive relationships with designated clients, establishing a strong rapport with the client lead partners
- Effectively monitor client satisfaction and service levels to ensure both profitability and delight (see success criteria)
- Agree, monitor and measure client KPIs, including reporting and reviews
- Spot and maximise opportunities for organic growth or upsell opportunities with clients
- Maintain a strong knowledge of each client’s industry and hot topics, including editorial tracking
- Flag any worthwhile editorial/content opportunities in real time – and support clients’ content writing as required, often to tight deadlines
- Work with Company Directors on a PR/social plan for every client
- Be aware of, and proficient in, English grammar, messaging, writing, and the style of every client
- Conduct periodic audits of client news and content activities with the Company Directors (i.e. any other competitors working with clients? Tender end dates etc), making recommendations as required
- Lead accountability for media lists, contacts, relationships, outreach and sell-ins for each client
- Extensive knowledge of client activities and sector trends/issues for every client
- Demonstrate skills that engage clients to buy more of our services
- Flexibility and an ability to work closely with company’s Directors on priority workloads as required
The PR, Social and Content Account Manager is measured on personal performance (i.e. work quality, outputs and outcomes), client delight and business growth performance.
The PR, Social and Content Account Manager is expected to achieve:
- Strong personal performance – monitored through quarterly PDRs with the Company Director focused on work outputs and work outcomes (measured per client and agreed at each PDR)
- A continually high standard of client satisfaction and delight (i.e. score of 7+ in all six monthly client surveys) is essential
- Employee satisfaction at 75%+ if employees report into the role, which may be required in future
- Client retention of 80% or above is essential
- An incremental increase in new business sales (above retainers) per annum through content, news, video and/or broadcast activities etc (amount to be agreed with Directors and reviewed regularly)
Experience and Education Required:
- A recognised qualification in Journalism, Public Relations, English or a related communications field. An MBA and other industry qualifications are a plus, as well as an ongoing commitment to CPD
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a B2B role within agency-side public relations, content marketing and/or journalism, etc.
- Superior writing skills and a strong news sense, including creating compelling stories and content for different target demographics. Crisis communications experience is a major plus.
- Expertise in all major business software applications (Microsoft Office, etc.).
The specific skills required for the PR, Social and Content Account Manager role include:
- Proven PR/editorial/news capabilities and a strong command of the English language is a role necessity
- Strong emotional intelligence is essential
- Previous training as a print or broadcast journalist, or someone with a strong “nose” for a story is advantageous
- Proficiency in how to tell a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience
- An understanding of the convergence of bought, owned, shared and earned media
- A proven ability to deliver creative content and/or PR campaigns that deliver outcomes aligned to client KPIs
- An ability to create both long-form content and real-time (immediate) content as well as key distribution strategies and tactics
- Proven ability to identify opportunities for growth for new businesses in target sectors/regions, supporting lead generation, relationship building and client conversion
- A passion for new technology and tools
- Project management and leadership skills required to manage complex client relationships, and to define and manage a set of goals and content types
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing campaigns/planners
- An excellent negotiator and mediator
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of crisis management
- Successfully manage a large range of client, technical and other managerial responsibilities
- Have incredible people skills and a commitment to consistent networking to build knowledge, relationships and new business opportunities
- Have a diverse knowledge and/or keen interest in web analytics tools (i.e. Google Analytics), social media marketing applications (i.e. HootSuite, Tweetdeck, etc.) and social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies
- Calm under pressure with the ability to juggle multiple projects
- Great powers of persuasion and an ability to present with clarity and confidence (i.e. PowerPoint)
- A team ethic and ability to work alone and without supervision
What you’ll get from us
We’ll invest everything we have in you. We will believe in you. We will have your back. We will support you.
We want you to be a part of our long-term future and that’s why we will also pay you a generous salary (depending on your experience) with flexible holidays to suit your busy lifestyle, benefits and ongoing opportunities to grow your skills and networks through training and support.
Send your CVs and any background info that tells us about you to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re aiming to appoint by June 2019, so please make contact with us before Monday 20th May 2019.